Early last week, we mentioned how some people had trouble logging into their newly installed Grand Theft Auto V version on the PC if their username contained letters that were other than alphanumeric (i.e. letters A to Z or numbers 0 to 9). At the time of the issues, Rockstar offered a workaround as they worked on a fix. Well, on Friday, they managed to release a fix for that issue and a few others.
Patch 1.01 fixes the problem with that pesky Windows username issue. If you chose to not wait for the fix and do the workaround, Rockstar has instructions on how to continue progress on this patched game from either account you plan to use.
The rest of the fixes are general issues from missing character features (like eyebrows) from characters that were transferred to PC to correcting bird flight in video clips recorded in the Rockstar Editor. You can see the full list of fixes below:
- Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
- Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
- Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
- Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
- Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
- YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
- Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
- Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
- Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
- Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
- Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
- Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
- Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew