During a recent Twitter Q-and-A session, designer director Niklas Fegraeus told fans what they can expect form the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront game. Most importantly the target frame rate for the game.
The game is aiming for a 60fps for the game. Whether DICE can achieve it is another story. They do mention how the destruction level will work on this game, given that it is a main factor in the Battlefield games.
The game is slated for release on November 17th,2015. The “Battle of Jakku” DLC is coming free for everyone on December 8th, but if you pre-order the game, you will get it on December 1st. Check out the highlights below:
NEW STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT DETAILS:
- Targeting 60fps [source]
- Destruction: “We’re using destruction where it make sense but also working to create something that is authentic to the universe.” [source]
- Map sizes will vary: “We have varying map sizes, from large to small, to cater to different experiences and different modes.” [source]
- Playable Heroes include Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and more to be revealed later: “You can play more than that, but so far we have only revealed Vader and Boba Fett. More will come.” [source]
- Comparisons to original Battlefront games: “It is both different and similar in many ways. This is why we have done a reboot instead of calling it Battlefront 3.” [source]
- There won’t be space battles, but some air combat is featured: “You will be able to take to the skies over our planets and dogfight with squadrons of starfighters.” [source]
- Playable Heroes will depend on the particular game mode: “Heroes depend heavily on the game mode. We will tell you more about heroes at a later date.” [source]
- Will have plenty of powerups: “Yes, the shield is a Battlefront powerup, and we have many more to reveal in the future.” [source]
- Will have a progression system: “Yes, there will be plenty of things to unlock, achieve, and collect. More on this will be revealed at a later date!” [source]
- Will feature four planets at launch: Endor, Hoth, Tatooine, and Sullust [source]
- PC specs have not been announced. But “it’s going to look amazing on all platforms.” [source]
Will have more than 8 maps at launch, and more than two per planet [source]